This recipe is too easy and delicious not to share!
In my opinion waffles are like pancakes, but for lazy people or lazy moments
You make the batter, put it in a waffle maker or a waffle mold (like me) and wait.
I made it less lazy and decided to make some nicecream to go with the waffles.
Don’t feel like making nicecream or you don’t have the tools? Don’t worry, I thought of something
just as good! Scroll down and you´ll see.
Being lazy? Top them with a nut butter or strawberry jelly! Also delicious if you ask me.
For the waffles you’ll need:
– 55gr (1/2 cup?) of flour (I used oat flour)
– As much cinnamon as you like, I used a lot!
– About 1/2 a tbsp of coconut sugar (depends on how sweet you want them to be)
– About a tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 a frozen ripe banana
– 1/2 cup plant milk (use any kind you like)
x Optional: vanilla, I used stevia vanilla drops
x Optional: raisins or anything else you want in your waffles.
Cacao nibs, chocolate, nuts?
For the nicecream you’ll need:
– As much as frozen ripe bananas you like
– Cacao, I used a heaping tsp. For a rich cacao taste add a lot, otherwise add less
(leave out the cacao if you want a neutral taste and maybe add another flavouring like cinnamon, vanilla, strawberries or other fruit)
For the optional chocolate sauce you’ll need:
– Agave syrup
How to make the waffles and nicecream:
1. Put the flour, baking powder and coconut sugar in a bowl. Whisk together.
2. Mash the banana in a bowl
3. Add the plant milk(optional: vanilla drops) and mix the milk and banana together
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
(The batter shouldn’t be too runny and not too thick.)
5. Grab your mold (or waffle maker) and pour the batter in!
In the airfryer: 180 degrees, 11 min
In the oven: 180 degrees, about 20 min6. For the nicecream you can use as much frozen bananas as you like, put them in a mixing bowl(or food processor, high speed blender..)
7. Mix the nicecream with whatever you’re using. I used my immersion blender!
8. Add a heaping tsp (or more or less) to the nicecream and mix again
9. Put the nicecream in the freezer until you’re ready to use it
10. Time to plate up! Put you’re waffles on a plate, grab your nicecram and
scoop it on top.
I topped it off with some homemade cinnamon granola
How to make the chocolate sauce:
1. Put some cacao in a small bowl, the amount depends on how thick or thin
you want the sauce to be
2. Add about 1/2 a tbsp agave syrup and a little bit of water
3. Mix together. First it will look like the cacao won’t ‘blend in’, but eventually it will
4. Now add some more water, until you have the concistency you want
Enjoy people, enjoy..because you definitely will!